An Analysis of Screen Time Among Parents and Teenagers Using Deep Learning Techniques
This book addresses the impact of Screen time among teenagers. The brain as a natural chemical response to the screen time called Dopamine. Dopamine levels are reducing gradually, which results in decrease the uniquely human ability to think and plan.
Call for Book Chapter: " An Analysis of Screen Time Among Parents and Teenagers Using Deep Learning Techniques "
Currently, the editorial Team is in the process of editing a forthcoming book entitled “An Analysis of Screen Time Among Parents and Teenagers Using Deep Learning Techniques”, to be published by Bentham Science, an international publisher of progressive academic research. I would take this opportunity to cordially invite to submit your valuable work for consideration in this book.
Please visit: (https://benthambooks.com/future-books-by-subject/social-sciences-and-behavioral-sciences/sub-category/anthropology/)
- Syed Muzamil Basha, Associate Professor, Department of Information Technology, Sri Krishna college of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore-641008.
- Dharmendra Singh Rajput, Associate professor, School of Information Technology and Engineering, VIT-Vellore, India.
- J janet, Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Sri Krishna college of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore-641008.
- N.Ch.Sriman Narayana Iyengar, Professor, Department of Information Technology, Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology, Yamnapet,Ghatkesr,Hyderabad-501301,Telengana
This book addresses the impact of Screen time among teenagers. The brain as a natural chemical response to the screen time called Dopamine. Dopamine levels are reducing gradually, which results in decrease the uniquely human ability to think and plan. The robust nature of cell phone drives the attention of information seekers. Mostly the college students, on average check 60 times a day on the text. It means every time the dopamine they get when they seek the information. Screen time also has a direct impact on human thinking and communication.
The motivation towards drafting this book proposal is taken from the study made by the "Child Development study" on the relationship between screen time and mental health care. It described, that Teen anxiety and depression levels are increased to 70% out past decade.
The recommendation provided to the parents is, to start the good habits at a young age, enforce digital curfews and putting family charging stations in the parent's room. Similarly, a study made on parents of children ages 9-17. In which, the screen media usage is on an average of 9+ hours. Among which 78% of them believe that they are the role model for their children. We welcome to authors to suggest innovative ideas needed to increase physical activity among teenagers.
In Deep Learning, Neural networks involved in the huge trial-and-error process, so they need massive amounts of data on which to train to be close to reality. Various different methods can be used to create strong deep learning models. These techniques include learning rate decay, transfer learning, training from scratch and dropout. The idea behind making use of Deep learning techniques is to train the developed Neural network model in providing a recommendation to youngsters in reducing their screen time and improving their level of thinking.
Recommended Title of chapters
- The impact of Digital Technology on Teenagers Students.
- The trouble with “Screen Time” in Teenager lifestyle.
- Identifying the vital attributes in decreasing screen time among students.
- Steps to balance digital media and real life with family support.
- Learning Beyond the Screen in a Simple, Fun, and Affordable Way
- Survey on past and current trends in applying deep learning models in estimating human behavior.
- Using Deep Learning to examine screen time and depression and their associations with daily activities among teenagers
- A Deep Learning approach to provide personalized physical activity coaching among students.
- Tutorial on Developing, Training a Deep Learning Model.
- A survey on School and Community-Based Physical Education and Healthy Active Living Programs.
- Assessing physical activity and functional fitness level using convolutional neural networks
- Develop a pop-up notifications regarding smart phone use: Decrease screen time, Phone checking behavior, and self-reported problematic smart phone using Deep Learning.
Proposals Submission Deadline: ABSTRACT SUBMISSION: AUG 16TH, 2020 (MAX. 500 WORDS)
ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION: OCT 31TH, 2020
FULL CHAPTER SUBMISSION: DEC 30TH, 2020 (MAX. 5 TABLES/FIGURES, 25 PAGES, 15.000 TO 20.000 WORDS)
FULL CHAPTER ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION: MARCH 31TH, 2021
FINAL AND REVISED PAPER: APRIL 31TH, 2021
Please send your one-page write up (with abstract of 300- 500 words and 6 keywords) of your chapter along with tentative Table of Contents to the Editor Dr.Syed Muzamil Basha, ([email protected]) with the subject “An Analysis of Screen Time Among Parents and Teenagers Using Deep Learning Techniques -Book Chapter” on or before 25th Oct 2020. Upon acceptance of the proposal, further instructions for submission guidelines according to the Bentham Science will be communicated.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you very much for your consideration of this invitation.
Note: “There is NO processing/publication charges for this Bentham Science Book”